Thursday 26 February 2009

Engagement card...but a little different.

One of my team has become engaged and we wanted to give her a card and a gift - and, as usual, I was making the card. My difficulty was that she is in a same sex relationship and we had never heard of such an engagement so this was my first attempt to make something suitable to celebrate the occasion. The words inside just say 'Congratulations on Your Engagement' then each of the team has written their own sentiment. I just wanted to keep it as simple as possible....... but had to add a bit of bling.



One of the team just had to ask "Who got the ring?" The answer was an eminently sensible "We both did".
After all diamonds are a girl's best friend.



Cardstock: PTI Vintage Cream and Aqua
Stamps: PTI

11 comments:

Jackie said...

stunning card Jean... its lovely... sure they will be thrilled with this.

Anonymous said...

that`s a lovely card jean
chrisa x

Anonymous said...

Jean I love it, simply beautiful

Karen J said...

It's stunning Jean .. just love the colours. xx

Jak Heath said...

This would have to be a thums up from me Jean my favorite stamp and colours, just perfect

Anonymous said...

Jean, that's a beautiful card. Very elegant and I love the colour. Pat x

Greta said...

What a lovely card Jean. So elegant.x

Toni said...

its beautiful Jean love the colours

Maureen said...

Love everything about the card Jean Can I ask which stamp the flourish is please

Wellnifty said...

It's gorgeous, love the colour

Chris x

Anonymous said...

Amazing!!! i like your posted engagement card its looking beautiful...
Plastic Business Cards
Custom gift cards